Ask adobe to create high-quality flash plug-in

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nixonhead, Nov 10, 2009.

1. nixonhead macrumors newbie

Why on the best computers in the World flash plugin is so bad? He use high cpu and slow down our macs (and crash Safari). Why Apple is not "kick" Adobe for that? Why Adobe is still not create high-quality flash plugin?

What if we open web-site when write open letter for adobe with request to do that? With collect signatures of people who support this idea.

I can make the design, can anyone the code?

p.s. about 4,430,000: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=UTF-8&q=flash+100%+cpu+mac

2. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

Before the end of 2009, Adobe will be releasing a new version of flash that will use GPU acceleration and end the problems that you're talking about. So just wait until then.

3. nixonhead thread starter macrumors newbie

I see, thank you for answer :)

4. macintoshtoffy macrumors 6502a

macintoshtoffy

If you are going to make a post, how about researching before hand. There are only some GPU's covered, in other words, 80% of Mac users will be given the royal screw job as perusual.

The best one can hope for is Javascript to keep evolving, Flash website designers die off, and Adobe realise once and for all that they suck, their programmers suck and everything about them suck.

5. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Wish the bungbholz would have straightemned it out years ago i'd still be using my Powerboooks.;)

6. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

agreed! There's some 3D things that Javascript will probably never be able to accomplish but when you see stuff like the flash like effect on http://mysuitestuff.com/index.html usign pure javascript, things are definitely getting better!

Death to Flash!

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Javascript = crap.

8. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

Given that I've actually talked to various Adobe developer teams, I hate to break it to you, folks...but Adobe's priorities on the Mac are pretty much limited to Creative Suite these days. I just look at Flash as an occupational hazard on Macs--still beats the heck out of Windows .dll hell or virii! Still, I can run Flash better on Ubuntu than on OSX :(

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Aside from the issue of what GPUs are supported, where is the evidence that this will "end the problems?" Good GPU acceleration should make much of what Flash does a breeze. But come on now... even on Windows, where Flash is "good," it still takes a video at 1994 quality standards and makes a computer from 2009 play you'd expect from a computer from 1992.... So I'll believe that Adobe will actually get GPU acceleration right and make Flash work nicely when I see it.

10. macintoshtoffy macrumors 6502a

macintoshtoffy

That website is gorgeous - I Wanna Have Your Babies :D

3D stuff will get there; work is being done as we speak and as technology and processors improve it will be possible to accomplish that as well.