Asked to change password twice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Latinking25, May 23, 2016.

1. Latinking25 macrumors member

About a week ago or so I received an alert to sign into my icloud and prompted to answer two security questions and then change my password. Well just earlier right now it asked me again to go through the whole process again and again I changed my password, so I'm not sure if my account is trying to he hacked or what going on? Any help would be appreciated

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

What kind of an alert. Was it in a email? Did you follow a link to do this, if so you may have given it to the scammers. I have never had Apple ask me to change my password.

Open a browser and see if you can get into your account. If so I would change my PW.

3. Latinking25 thread starter macrumors member

It was a normal iOS prompt alert. It had me sign into my iTunes account. Then I hit settings to verify. Then asked me to sign with email or answer security questions which I did then asked me to change my password. But it happen again earlier.

4. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

If in doubt, I'd give Apple a call and explain the situation to see what they say.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

If you can still get into your account you should be good. First thing they would do is change your password so you can not get into your account, but you would have got an email confirming you made a change.

If in doubt, change your password again and relax. Sounds like a false alarm.

6. skinsone macrumors regular

I had the same happen twice since May 2. I spoke with Apple last week after receiving my second email about changing my password.

Apparently Apple was experiencing issues with iCloud. The rep verified my identity and checked both of my Apple ID accounts and neither had been compromised. I did change both account passwords.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'd contact Apple to make sure you didn't respond to a fishing notification like an email or imessage by a 3rd party trying to steal your login and test questions.
    I got a few of those before both in my email and as a text message.

8. Latinking25 thread starter macrumors member

It's not an email or text that I responded too. I'm not that gullible. Its when I go to the app store or whatever it says verify your account and it says for security reasons your Apple account has been locked so then it asks me to reset my password. It literally just asked me again. Ive changed my password like 4 times in the past week or so. I need to call Apple asap

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes.
    Do that right away instead of posting a thread:)