Asking a girl to prom..

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by da meat tree, Mar 25, 2010.

1. da meat tree macrumors member

Hey Macrumors, its that time of year again.

I'm trying to find the best way to ask a girl to prom, but I want to be original.
    I was obviously thinking of putting up a poster in the hallway, or on my car, and playing her favorite song and giving her roses, but that's not very original.

I pretty much have an unlimited supply of materials so I can do whatever, but I'm looking for some suggestions from you guys, or any advice you can give.

Thanks

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

decorate her room

*parents permission of course

3. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

HA!

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I guess times have changed, there was little fanfare when people asked people to proms when I was in school.

Pull her hair, punch her in the face and tell her you like her and would like to go to prom with her.

6. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Hit in head with club. Grab hair. Drag to prom. Give nice flower for steal happy couple soul with picture box. No forget matching cummerbund. Suggest leopard skin. No can go wrong with leopard skin.

7. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I concur. Ugh.

8. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

My now-husband did that one time right after we started dating. Best surprise ever.

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

You want to be original?

Geeze!

Gather up your courage, look her in the eyes and say, "I really think you're special. It would mean so much if you went to the prom with me."

Who needs a poster, when you could have sincerity?

10. SteveMobs macrumors 6502

SteveMobs

+1, retro is original, too many people over thinking it now.

11. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

pun intended?

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Just bring her some flowers and ask. You don't have to make a production over it.;)

13. Elixer macrumors regular

The poster is a horrible idea in my opinion. I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate the extra pressure of knowing that everyone knows you are asking her out. This should be kept personal just talk to her one on one IN PERSON and ask her. Do not do it over the phone, via the internet, hand written letter, etc.

14. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

If you have actually been different places with her, you could turn it into a scavenger hunt where she follows clues of different places you have been together, even if they are just random places. Eventually at the end, she finds you.

I'm not sure what it is like where you live, but it seems like when I was in high school, it was important to the girls how they got asked. I guess its similar to how a guy proposes, she's gonna have to explain the story to her friends so it better be good.

15. TechieJustin macrumors 6502

TechieJustin

and while the parents aren't looking he can steal a few of her panties...

16. BeckyG macrumors member

BeckyG

Aw...I love this idea :)

17. ethical macrumors 68000

Then jump out of it and ask her.

18. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Window paint her car and leave flowers in the seat. Don't be hiding or anything. Let her share the moment with her friends and she also won't be pressured to answer right there (unless you know she'll say yes then this part doesn't matter). It will make her call you.

19. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

Just keep it simple (flowers always work well) and don't over-do it like some people have said.

20. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

I remember one of my prom dates, it was awesome, so was how I asked her out.

I was working a shift where I work and she came in. She goes to a different High School but man she was so beautiful! I spoke with her briefly and overheard her saying how she loves our lemon herb chicken. I knew her friend and he came in quite often, so I asked him where she lived. Jeez only a 30 minute drive from my house. I went to the other restaurant in our company that was closer to her house and bought her the Lemon Herb platter. I drove all the way to her house and just knocked on her door.

She was totally surprised to see me, she didn't recognize me at first. I asked if I could come in and I told her I thought she had the most gorgeous eyes and some other blabby stuff. She was really psyched, turned out to be the best prom date I ever had.

Then one time I asked a girl to homecoming, I gave her flowers and when I asked her I jokingly said I hiked three hours up into the mountains nearby to get those flowers, and then hiked three hours back. She thought I was serious until I told her when we bumped into each other outside of school some year later (she also went to a different school).

21. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

What the hell is going on? Since when is putting up posters normal?

"Hey, do you want to go to the prom?" might suffice.

22. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

I was going to say do this....but naked....haha jk....:D

Don't do it. please.:eek:

Just tell her u wanna go w/ her, nothing special, but make her feel special...you know what i mean.;)

23. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I thought dmr was alluding to napoleopn dynamite. no?

24. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1