Asking for trouble if I do not buy from Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iking, Dec 14, 2007.

1. iking macrumors newbie

I am getting my iPhone in 2 days and figure I will need a some sort or case, car charger and screen protector.

If I buy from lets say, Overstock.com instead of genuine Apple items, am I asking for trouble.

2. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

There's no reason why you need to buy iPhone accessories from the Apple store. It won't affect your warranty or anything, and the products they sell are available at many other retailers and websites, often for less money.

3. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

as overanalyzer said, you don't have to buy accessories from the apple store to ensure compatibility. but, you may at least want to research what you're thinking of buying in advance (and maybe even use what's available in the apple store as a guide) to ensure compatibility and buy them where you get the best price.

i wouldn't, for example, just buy a non-brand iphone car charger off ebay - i have read horror stories of these chargers frying phones. but, if you can find, say, a genuine griffin powerjolt (i have one of these and it's great) on ebay, then go ahead and buy one...

4. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

R6girl has a point, it would be smart to buy official name brand certified iPhone accessories for charging the iPhone (electrical stuff) but for a case it doesn't really matter. Don't think the cases apple has in their stores would better protect your iPhone: actually, 2 of them (the incase rubber one and some agent18 eco case) actually end up scratching your iPhone on the chrome.

5. iking thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx for the replies.

I founf a new Agent 18 black case from an Amazon seller for 15.00 + ship, really saved spme money there.

I am now looking for the best deal on Power support crystal film, car charger and maybe bluetooth but the bluetooth I want is like 100.00 + on eBay.

6. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Yeah apple doesn't even make accessories besides bluetooth.

That case you got I've heard great things about. Sounds like you're set.