asking for wrong apple ID

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rpearlberg, Sep 26, 2015.

1. rpearlberg macrumors 6502a

My wife got the 6s and restored from a backup of her 5s. Now it keeps asking her to enter the password for my Apple ID. It's logged in under her Apple ID, but keeps asking for my password...

How can I fix this??

2. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Might possibly be app related. From memory are there any applications downloaded under your Apple ID? If so, to re-download/update them, she'll need your password. If you manage to track down the offending app, simply delete then download again through her ID to resolve the issue.

3. rpearlberg thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's possible...should I just enter my password, or is there a way to see which ID was used for which apps?

4. DoofenshmirtzEI macrumors 6502a

DoofenshmirtzEI

If she has any apps on her phone that are "Family Shared" from you, then you will have to sign in on her phone to make the phone happy about it.

5. Connor163 macrumors member

This happened to me last month. What the apple support person had me do was go onto apples website, change my Apple ID email back to the one it's asking for. Make sure you stay on that page online. Then put in the current password for her Apple ID and change the email back. Now I'm not sure what to do in your case as I just reset mine and restored my phone from a different more current back up. I would ask Apple support what to do in your case and you should be golden.