Asking my Aunt to get a Gift Cert. for his Canadian nephew

Discussion in 'iPod' started by irock, Aug 6, 2005.

  1. irock macrumors member

    Jan 8, 2004
    I was wondering...

    I really want to buy some songs that are exclusive to the almighty iTunes USA. But since I'm a Canadian, could I simply get my Aunt to send me a iTunes USA gift cert. so I can pick my songs there?

    Thanks much!
  2. Ugg macrumors 68000


    Apr 7, 2003
    I've read where people have tried and supposedly succeeded at this. It's worth a shot, but you need to create an account with a US address, your aunt's maybe? Also, you need to use an email address that is different from the one you have your current iTunes account with. And, if you get a new computer and de-authorize your old one, you'll need to authorize both email addresses on the new computer.

    When I got my PB, I went through the authorization and deauthorization process but a lot of my songs wouldn't play. I then realized that I had used a different email address for a few months and had to authorize it as well.

Share This Page