Asks account information when trying to download apps!?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rob Mclovin, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

So i just got a 3g, and im trying to download the aim app. But it keeps asking me for account information. I already set up my iphone with itunes and everything. What account info does it need?

2. LewisBeechey macrumors member

Your Apple ID. :)

This would be the email address and password you entered when setting your phone up through iTunes or previously.

3. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

Were you logged into your itunes account when you synced the iPhone? Perhaps that could be a problem?

4. Rob Mclovin thread starter macrumors 6502

No.

Now i put my apple id in, and it says Authorization Failed. Please connect to itunes. But im plugged in.

5. Rob Mclovin thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok guys i think i figured it out. Its because i didnt put in my any credit card information.

6. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

That'll do it... Even if you are only trying to get free apps, they still send you itemized receipts and everything.

7. milani macrumors 68000

milani

If you're getting the ID and Password prompt on your iPhone, then I was going to tell you you have to plug it into iTunes (and you have to log into your iTunes Store account on iTunes while the iPhone is plugged in), but I guess you resolved your issue - hopefully this thread will help the next guy out!

8. Rob Mclovin thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya, thats really stupid that i gotta enter credit card information for free apps.