Asks appleid password on unlock when pending downloads

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Menel, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Recently, after I've queued up an app download to the iPad, it waits until I unlock it, and then requires AppleID password on unlock to proceed.

Annoying.

Previously, it would just download them automatically and be ready to use when I got home and picked up the iPad. Part of the iTunes iCloud features.

Now the iPhone is doing it too with apps I download with iTunes. What has changed?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I could be wrong but I thought it always promoted me to type in my password. I don't have a problem with this as its not that intrusive.

3. 808? macrumors 6502a

Could it have something to do with having the App Store app running in the background always?

I notice I have to input my :apple:ID password only when I have closed the App Store app for a period of time. If it was opened recently, then no need to retype the password.

4. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

If you do several downloads in a row, you will only have to enter your password once. If there's a delay or you download to another iDevice, then you have to re-enter the password. It's a safety feature for you - so no one else can charge apps to your account. I'm glad they do it.