Asmin password needed for EVERYTHING!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by krewelement394, May 27, 2010.

1. krewelement394 macrumors regular

krewelement394

hello you guys. about a month ago i decided to set a setting that would require people to type in my admin password in order to install software, or updates. i really do not need that and i am quite annoyed with having to put the password for basically everything. how to i disable this? i tried looking on Security, account, and even under the software update...but no luck.

help. thanks :):apple:

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Go to:

System Preferances > Security > General

Uncheck all the boxes in general, then restart your computer. Hopefully this will solve the issue as long as your logged into the admin account.

3. krewelement394 thread starter macrumors regular

krewelement394

i've tried that. the checked settings i have now are: Disable automatic login, use secure virtual memory and require password after sleep... i like these settings, i just wan't to get rid of the setting that requires for me to put in my password in order to install updates and software!

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If an Application or Installer requires access to system-level files, it will ask for administrator authentication. You can't turn this off.

5. miicah macrumors regular

Beat me to it. This is a basic part of what makes OSX so much more secure than windows operating systems, which is in part what Microsoft tried to do with UAC. Except everyone just turned it off LOL