ASP Tutorial Needed

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by gazfocus, Aug 6, 2008.

1. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I am trying to learn ASP (I need to make a website using a CMS and I've been told ASP is the easiest way of doing it), also I need to use a few other features that I think can only be done with ASP.

Does anyone know where I can find an ebook or something that will teach me ASP from scratch? Also, which programming language is better? (C++ or VB?)

Thanks

2. jaikob macrumors 6502

jaikob

Personal preference really, I use VBscript if I "have" to.

As far as the references go, you wont find many free references, if you want a lot of support, articles, and references why not use PHP?

3. cromwell64 macrumors regular

Unless you have to use ASP for this I would suggest using PHP and whichever database you will be using.

For ASP though, w3schools.com/ has some good info to get started. If you are talking about .NET though and not just regular old ASP, then I would suggest using C#. If you already know a C style language then C# will be easier to pick up, and if you don't then C# will make it easier for you to learn other languages like Java or C++ in the future if you ever need to.

I don't think VB is too hard to pick up but it has syntax that seems goofy to me because I learned C/C++ first and then Java - which makes me much more comfortable around C# code.