ASP websites please help!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jc0481, Apr 6, 2008.

1. jc0481 macrumors regular

My wife and I have issues running into website addresses that end in .asp at the very end of the url. We mostly use firefox and safari as our browsers of choice by the way. When my wife went to register for her school it ended in asp. So we had to use somebody else's computer to run horrible ie but from what I have seen I have no choice. I do know that Microsoft with their software make those asp websites. The website that my wife went to register not all the features were there to submit her information. Is my only choice to install windows via bootcamp? I find that inconvenient to say the least and want to use firefox or safari to run those asp websites successfully. I just hope there is a solution that somebody on this forum can provide me with. Thanks

JC

2. Kev1000000 macrumors member

ASP pages will run in any browser. You do not need IE installed, nor do you need to code in a windows environment. I assume you have a third party hosting company hosting your ASP pages for you.

3. jsm4182 macrumors 6502

The asp won't cause any problems. I have seen some asp pages that use some weird javascript that makes them only usable in IE. Usually the result of an ignorant developer that doesn't care about other browsers.