Aspect Ratios in FCE

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by mjwilcox, May 20, 2011.

1. mjwilcox macrumors newbie

I have a project in FCE with several sequences. All sequences are still images only. On sequence 1, it appears the aspect ratio is 1920x1080 and a picture that is put on the timeline will fill the screen from side to side with a black bar at top and bottom. This is what I would like all of the sequences to do. On sequence 2, I can take the same picture out of the bin and place it on the timeline, but this time the picture fills the screen top to bottom and has black bars on the side.

What can I change in sequence 2 so that it behaves as sequence 1?

Thanks!

Mike

2. -DH macrumors 65816

Are all of the still images the exact same aspect ratio? Do they all have the same pixel dimensions?

-DH

3. mjwilcox thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, it is the same still from the bin. Right clicking and looking at properties they are the same.

Thanks,

Mike

4. mjwilcox thread starter macrumors newbie

Forgot to add, this happens to every still I put in the two sequences.

Thanks,

Mike

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

You can open up the sequence settings and change all the setting in Seq 2 to match Seq 1 or you can duplicate Seq 1, delete the contents, and name it Seq 2. ;)

Lethal

6. mjwilcox thread starter macrumors newbie

Lethal,

Can you tell me how to do that? I right click on the sequence in the browser and go to Item Properties. I see the difference in the settings, but the only thing I can change is the Name. I need to change the Compressor and the Aspect Ratio.

Thanks so much.

Mike

7. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

With the sequence open in the Timeline window hit command+0 to open up the sequence settings. At least that's the shortcut in FCP so I assume it is the same for FCE.

Lethal