Asphalt 6: Adrenaline "Drifting"

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by bigpoppamac31, Sep 26, 2011.

1. bigpoppamac31 macrumors 68000

I'm playing Asphalt 6 for Mac and can't seem to get the drifting down. Anyone know any tricks? I have to beat the clock and fulfill the "drift objective". Seems easier said then done.

2. AkuskaUK macrumors 6502

AkuskaUK

It just takes time to get used to it, i had problems at first :D

3. Brian33 macrumors 6502a

I just can't get the drifting. I gather that the brake is involved in initiating the drift but I got so frustrated trying to hit the down-arrow that I finally gave up. Actually what frustrates me is that I cannot re-assign the controls to other keys -- I think that would help a lot.

4. antonis macrumors 68000

antonis

No, I don't use break to drift. I just start to overturn (sorry, don't know if this is the proper word in english) and when car starts to drift, keep it steady for as long as the turn lasts using the opposite direction key. Getting used to it, will allow you to even drift on straight road after a while. It's actually really easy. Great arcade game btw.

5. Brian33 macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the tip -- I'll try oversteer without the brake. Maybe I can get the hang of it after all. Otherwise, as you said, it's a great arcade-style racing game.

Regards,
    Brian33

6. prashiee macrumors newbie

To initiate drifting press down arrow (brake) and the direction key simultaneously and and release the brake and continue drifting. easy if u get it