Asphalt4 & Let's Golf

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by pasipple, Jun 23, 2009.

1. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

I'm new to the iPhone...bought a 3GS...and now I have been downloading apps like crazy! I'm very impressed with the iPhone...how zippy it is...and i have found a lot of good apps. I haveb't found a whole lot of games that are that good...but I can recommend two.

Asphalt4 is amazing! Great graphics...great action! I played with it for three hour today and I'm only to Level 8. This is very addicting...

I also think Let's Golf is great! very addictive also.

2. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Absolutely. I can't put it down.

3. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I picked up both when they dropped to $0.99. Let's Golf is very fun to play against someone. Another game you should check out is Hero of Sparta it dropped to $0.99

4. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

Absolutely ... I noticed that Asphalt is still $0.99 while Let's Golf is only $1.99!

5. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

i have both of these and i love them both as well. i was past level 50 on Asphalt 4 but then i had to restore so i had to start over :(. but keep a look out for Asphalt 5. i forgot when they said it was going to be released but i think it's the next one Gameloft is coming out with.

6. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

Here is a good list of games to start with:

http://toucharcade.com/2009/06/22/so-you-just-got-an-iphone-a-list-of-games-to-get/

That site is awesome if you want to learn more about upcoming and new iPhone games. The site was created by arn, they guy who made MacRumors, so it is very high quality. Also, they occasionally list games that are for sale during the week. You have to love getting PSP quality titles for 99 cents. It's ridiculous.

7. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

Both are great games, but for a better racing experience try real racing or fastlane. Real racing apparently has the best experience hands down except that it's all race tracks, no city stuff. Fastlane is the one I have aside from asphalt, and the name says it all. It's beautiful and fast. And the techno music takes me back to ridge racer...

As for golf, Tiger Woods PGA Tour is the best hands down. I thought let's golf was fun until I got Tiger and like I said, it blows it out of the water.

Just a few suggestions :) have fun with your 3GS!
    Nate

8. pasipple thread starter macrumors 6502a

pasipple

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll have to check out the suggestions I received...

See you guys on the track or on the course!

9. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

the golf is a cool game but need for speed is better

10. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

Definitely not IMO. I downloaded Asphalt4 only after I had played NFS and it was a really really bad experience. Another great one is real racing(though less of an arcade racer, more like a racing sim). Just try NFS. I loved it on my 2 year old 2G. With the new 3GS it`d be even better with no frame drops at all.