Assassin's Creed 2: Brotherhood Mac

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Sambo110, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Interesting. I wonder if that means it'll be Steamplay as AC2 was.

3. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I'm curious if this will be a native port or require the same ridiculous requirements of AC2

4. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Believe it or not, AC2 was a native port.

5. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Seems strange that the requirements were so high doesn't it

6. Nightarchaon macrumors 65816

Nightarchaon

Seems Transgaming had a hand in the MAC version, that means its a wrappered engine not a native port , just doesn't use a standard wrapper, which explains the piss poor performance.

they are getting very good at creating these so called native versions using quick and dirty wrappers rather have a native engine for the MAC, other than Valves source engine , and blizzards cames, ill be steering clear of MAC versions of games until i do the research into the port, i got badly burnt by Dragon Age Origins and that sloppy wrappered version that they were selling as native.

If these types of games start making it onto the APP store, i might have to consider going back to a PC full time.

7. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Not really, even with the PC version if you wanted to run the game well you had to have rather higher specs than what they listed.

Transgaming had nothing to do with the Mac version of Assassin's Creed 2. That's been shown here before.