Assassin's Creed 2 sound problems in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by BlueRevolution, Sep 17, 2010.

1. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I'm trying to play Assassin's Creed 2 on my 13" Mid 2010 MacBook Pro, running Windows 7 32-bit. Unfortunately, most of the audio works fine, but I can't hear any of the dialogue. From my rather extensive Googling, I've found that quite a few people are having this problem, and it's connected to the game trying to output surround sound to a stereo device. That makes sense to me, that the game is trying to output the dialogue to speakers that don't exist.

The page that has so far come the closest to being helpful is this one:

http://www.gamebrood.com/2010/03/11...ect-stuttering-choppy-and-more-fix-and-fixes/

Unfortunately, that's not an option in Windows 7. Is there something similar I should be changing? Anything else I could try hitting with a stick?

(I also tried uninstalling the drivers as is suggested on that page, but that didn't help.)

2. Tuttomenui macrumors newbie

I am only using 2 speakers so I chose the 2/2.1 speakers option in windows 7 and it fixed the issue. I am sure it is pretty much the same as (stereo).

Your question actually helped me figure it out so thank you. And posting this for future people who might have trouble and have the same question as you did. =).