assembled in USA? Ireland?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by oililymad, Jan 23, 2013.

1. oililymad macrumors 6502

oililymad

http://techcrunch.com/2012/12/03/the-new-imac-designed-by-apple-in-california-assembled-in-usa/

ref this article and something else Ive seen on this forum.

I was wondering if Apple really were assembling the new imacs in the USA and ireland given all the shipping information I have seen states the Country of Origin as China.

Thoughts? and if you have a late 2012 iMac, where was yours assembled?

It would also be interesting to see where those machines that are faulty or having unsatisfactory displays are coming from.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

My new Imac 27" was assembled as usual, in China. I know that there are a few now that are assembled in the USA and Ireland, but China remains far and away the main contractor here.

3. USAntigoon macrumors regular

USAntigoon

Assembled in USA

My new iMac 21.5 has been shipped and I learned from the shipping details that the unit was picked up in Fremont, CA. Will know more once I see the packaging and labeling..For now, I assume it is assembled in their Fremont Plant.

4. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Same for me

5. USAntigoon macrumors regular

USAntigoon

Indeed "Assembled in USA" on the box label..Set up was smooth and transferred all my files etc..Libraries for iMovie, iPhoto and iTunes loaded up without a glitch.. Transfer via Thunderbolt took about 2.5 hours...

6. OlegPasko macrumors newbie