Assigning a unique URL to your iWeb/Mobile Me page

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by MowingDevil, Jun 23, 2009.

1. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Say you want your own domain name for your iWeb website, how do you go abou it - Is this easy to do?
    I've already got my domain/url and would like to implement it w/ a website I can update w/ iWeb. I also have a website done under Homepage from the old .mac system, can that be integrated? ...or do you have to leave that behind and just work on iWeb?
    cheers

2. MowingDevil thread starter macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Ok, so I figured out where to do this in MobileMe, but when adding my registered url I got this message:

I asked my registrar and they said this it sounds like Apple wants us to have a DNS service. Is this true? Apparently it costs an additional $35 annually to have a DNS service. That was never explained to me from MobileMe's end as far as I can recall. Anyone else have experience w/ using your own domain in MobileMe?

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I don't know what registrar you use, but $35 sounds like a lot of money for a simply DNS service; your registrar should offer that for free.

4. MowingDevil thread starter macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Agreed, thats what I thought.
    I spoke w/ an Apple Tech online and he said a DNS isn't required, the registrar simply has to make the changes. No idea why there's such a communication gap on this issue.

5. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

All you have to do is log in to your domain name registrar's site and change the CNAME address in your account.