Assigning Photoshop to a Space

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pixeler, Feb 13, 2009.

1. pixeler macrumors newbie

Hi,

I tried to assign Photoshop to Space 4 on my Mac but I noticed that if there's no file open it'll just show the Finder. Is there a way to correct this so that Photoshop's tools and menu bar still appear? Edit: Occurs regardless of whether a file is open or not.

Thanks.

2. bronconash macrumors newbie

I'm a newbie at macs ... just got my first one last week ... but I think its not possible for the menubar to have photoshop's menu if the application is not running.

If you want, you can start photoshop at login so that Space 3 menubar will show PS's toolbar ...

3. pixeler thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, I already have the application running. The problem is that when I switch to the space containing Photoshop the menu bar doesn't initially show.

4. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I have the same problem, think it's the same glitch that effects Office 08 apps. Spaces doesn't deal well with apps that have toolbars or separate menu bars.

5. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

I have Photoshop CS4 start up in Space 3 every login. Just set it up in System Preferences -> Exposé and Spaces.

When it first loads, it shows the splash screen in whatever screen you happen to be in, but if you leave it alone, it'll load up and be in the correct space when it's ready to go.

Photoshop does get a little glitchy when you're in the middle of using certain tools and you switch spaces, but it's nothing too terrible.

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

It's normal behaviour if you have PS in Space 4 and switch there via Spaces (seeing all desktops at once, like Exposé), and have no PS document open, it will just show the Finder.
    Even using the Option + Arrow Keys to switch between Spaces is no use there.

Only options for now are clicking on the PS icon in the Dock or using the application switcher (Cmd + Tab).

Or have a document open.

7. pixeler thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, moved Photoshop to space 3 and it seems to work now.

One other thing... I've set My Day and Office Reminders to appear on every space but it only appears on #1. Any ideas for these?

8. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

FALSE: If something is set to Every Spaces, it does mean, that it does it open in the current Space, not that it follows you to every Space.

9. pixeler thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you sure? I'm swapping through all my spaces right now and I see Adium appear in each one. Sorry, I'm pretty new to the Mac so I don't know what's the default behavior.

10. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Sorry. You are right in that applications follow you around if set to Every Space.

The only thing I could tell you now, is that MS Office doesn't work that good with Spaces, even the MBU (Mac Business Unit) of Microsoft has said so. They are working on it.