Assigning ringtone to a contact

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jouj, Jan 24, 2010.

1. jouj macrumors newbie

Hi, I just want to know how I can assign a song from ipod, to a contact on my list.
    Thank You.

2. amjaliks macrumors newbie

No, you cannot. You can use only ringtones from list iPhone you offer. But you can create new ringtones with iTunes and then use on your iPhone.

3. jouj thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply. How can I create ringtones on itunes?
    Thanks again.:)

4. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

5. jouj thread starter macrumors newbie

Thnx for your reply. I went to the link and did what was asked, but i couldn't change the .m4a to .m4r, I had to add it from my desktop.
    After that I tried adding the song to itunes, but there is nothing called "ringtones" on my itunes.
    Can u help with this please?
    Thank You.

6. EngBrian macrumors regular

This isn't going to help if you aren't on a mac but if you are:

Go to garage band, put together whatever you want your ringtone to be, and then hit "share" and "send ringtone to iTunes". It'll then show up in iTunes and when synced with your phone it'll be an option for assigning to contacts or as your general ringtone.

Hope that helps.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You should have folder called Ringtones under iTunes Music. If not, make one and add it there. However, you should've been able to add it by just dragging it into iTunes when it's open.