Assist me with iPhone billing question for ATT

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marine610610, May 12, 2009.

1. marine610610 macrumors regular

My wife and I recently switched from Sprint to ATT. As much as i would have like to have waited for the new iPhone, we have a sick child and get much better ATT coverage in the area of the hospital.

Anyway what im trying to figure out is, what is the first iPhone bill like?

How much, roughly, will my normal bills be? I have the iPhone, 1400 anytime minutes, unlimited text for families. My wife has an LG Shine, and nothing extra. We also have a 15 percent discount. (Military) The ATT rep at the store, for whatever reason, couldn't figure out what a normal monthly bill after taxes would look like. Thanks..

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

They should have been able to tell you, I got all that info upfront.

3. marine610610 thread starter macrumors regular

I know... Really i was in a hurry, i don't have a problem in affording my iPHone, but for budgeting and comparison purposes id like to know what one iPhone, family unlimited texting, 1400 anytime minutes, and one plain phone with nothing extra added will cost after taxes.

4. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

you can call customer service and they'll tell you.

5. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Try looking up your accout online, but my guess is it won't be more than $120

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G3

Mlrollin91

I have 1400 minutes with unlimited family text with 2 iphones and a standard phone line with a 18% discount. With only one iPhone, regular phone and taxes it comes to be about to 136.54 a month with no extras:

89.99 for plan, 30 for texting, 30 for iphone line. Minus 17 for discount, plus about 5 dollars for taxes.

Hope that helps

7. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

well u got the base line= $80 for mins, $30 for text, $30 for data, minus the 15% comes to $119, plus your wifes addaline of $9.99 (no 15% off on anything but main line.)

129 plus tax, always guestimate 20-22%, so around $158, give or take a few bucks
    :apple:

8. marine610610 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you all for your help.

The ATT rep turned her screen around and showed me where she "applied the 15% to my account", i was hoping that applied to the whole account and not one line. Sprint applied it to the whole bill...i know this isn't Sprint but i was hoping for a little consistency i guess..