Assistance with Airport Express + Static IP Address

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by neoelectronaut, Mar 25, 2008.

1. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

So I finally figured that maybe I should set up Port forwarding to help the performance of my Wii and 360 online, but I'm having difficulty setting it up.

I know how to open ports on the router itself, that's not a problem, but on everywhere on the net that I look it says that the router has to be set to Static IP, meaning that, for example, the Xbox 360 will always be connecting through the same IP address rather than grabbing whatever's available from DHCP first.

I can't see how to do this in the Airport Admin utility. Can someone help me out?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Just set the static IP address, then copy all the other settings from any other device connected to the APX. If the XBOX has the setting, use DHCP with a static IP address, which will allow you to specify the address, then get all the other info from the APX.

TEG

3. ericsante macrumors newbie

Firmware 7.4.1

In 7.4.1 on my Airport Express Under Internet, Click on DHCP, then add a DHCP reservation, you will need to gather the mac address for all the devices you want to give a static address to. Once you give the device a static address you can then do your port forwarding.