Assistance with second display

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sOwL, May 4, 2009.

1. sOwL macrumors 6502

sOwL

Hello, i recently plugged my tv on my mac pro and im having a small problem. Before connecting the tv, my display was connected via rgb (i didnt know lol) so i decided to use a dvi cable instead. So guess what, now the tv uses the rgb cable.I did swap them, meaning that my computer display is still connected to the same slot it was before i change anything, and the tv is on the other - unused untill now - slot. So, onto the point: OSX somehow recognises my tv as my main display, and whenever i boot my mac i cant see the apple logo or the boot devices (in case i hold alt) and i have to open my tv. How can i change that? I searched the prefs but i couldnt do it...

note: in colorsync utility it looks like my computer display is default.... what the...

2. sOwL thread starter macrumors 6502

sOwL

note: in colorsync utility it looks like my computer display is default.... what the...

3. sOwL thread starter macrumors 6502

sOwL

a friend that knows absolutelly nothing about computers in general, said the most stupid yet most genius thing: "have u tried swaping the 2 wires?" OMG that worked lol... i had my older display at the same slot all that time, and thats why i didnt think that this could fix it, it smelled like a software issue. Meh, i guess if both slots are used, hardware decides which is defaut, if only one is used, it is the default, whichever it is. Haha such a monologue this thread, /delete