AssistantConnect (makes installing Siri a breeze)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by itsmeoreo, Feb 15, 2012.

1. itsmeoreo, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012

itsmeoreo macrumors member

Have any of you seen on Cydia (Big Boss) AssistantConnect and AssistantConnect4S?

AssistantConnect4S will get the certificate, while AssistantConnect will install the certificate. About as easy as it gets. Just turn off SpireHooks and SpireInjector in mobile substrate so you won't need to put any address in the spire proxy.

Lasts for 24 hours at a time, the 4S will determine when the 24 hours starts. Mine happens to begin around 720pm. So every night, I'd have to email the cert to my iPad.

Put it on my iPad, works great.

2. hackthatphone, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012

hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

3. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

iPunish901

interesting, but knowing someone with a jailbroken 4s who is willing to give you a new key everyday would be a pain imo. i dont even know anybody who has a jailbroken 4s

4. evilblob macrumors member

Has anyone got this working with the iPad 2?

Downloading AssistantConnect says it requires Spire, but Spire can't be installed on an iPad, only Spire for iPad can. Has anyone found a way to make it work with Spire for iPad?

5. itsmeoreo thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, I forgot to mention, but it is on my iPad 2. Check idownloadblog on how to install spire to the iPad 2. It involves using ifile and changing the springboard plist for spire purposes before reverting back.

6. rocknrolldoggy macrumors member

I used http://127.0.0.1 in the proxy field. Before that I'd get an error message saying Spire wasn't configured. Now, when I try to use Siri, all I get is the "I'm really sorry about this, but I can't take any requests right now. try again in a little while."

7. Jus711 macrumors member

8. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

This http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2012/02/apples-third-party-siri-crackdown-and-how-to-get-around-it/ would appear to be your fix. Let us know if it works.

"In order to remedy the issue, purge the com.apple.assistant.plist file (var > mobile > Library > Preferences)."

9. sicmoe19 macrumors newbie

i installed and followed to the T, however i am getting the " sorry " story, and when i try to speach to text, it makes the ding ding sound then escapes the mic button quickly,

anyone else try?

10. shockerbook macrumors newbie

11. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

Yeah, just delete. The file comes back with a new (working) key when you open Siri again following the deletion.

12. shockerbook macrumors newbie

Thanks!
    Sometimes after a little while siri still says that she cant connect and to try again later but after 2-3 times she works again

13. shockerbook macrumors newbie

It worked but i had to disable the 2 mobile substrate addons that start with spire.... (spirehooks and spire...idont recall now) and it worked with a purge after disabling em. But siri only works on 3G because on wifi it says cant right now blablabla. But it works 100% on 3G

14. iPhoneRepo macrumors newbie

first day was a success. today being the second i am undergoing lots of troubleshooting. the 2nd key i injected only causes siri's circle to spin... it's not communicating with the servers. it gave me the sorry message twice... i wonder what happened...?

15. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I wish there was some way to automate the email process. I'd love to have this on my other devices, but having to email manually every day kinda makes the simplicity a moot point.

How does the 4S generate the certificate anyway?