Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robdam1001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2008
It *works* sort of and only some of the time. I hope the Dev updates the tweak to address the many bugs.

Last edited:

sassenach74

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
Spain
I've installed it, but the thing that bothers me, we'll with Siri in general, is the guesswork needed to figure out what exactly you can ask/do/command from Siri.
I know it states some stuff about this tweak on Cydia, but it also mentions 'and more' or something similar. I've hardly ever used Siri for exactly this reason (not to mention the fact it makes me feel silly talking to a phone like that.

Not meant as a rant, just an observation,

Neil.

Paulyboy

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2007
So far it's working perfectly for me. Well worth the two dollars I spent on it. It will be interesting to see what else the developer does with it in the future.

For a good laugh say something like "search bearded clams on urban dictionary".;)

-PN

newbreed23

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Pandora Issues

Anyone else having trouble playing Pandora stations? I put in the station names and 19 digit ID and it keeps telling me to check the ID. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Has anyone gotten it to work yet? I grabbed the numbers from the end of the URL like it says. Thanks for any help or confirmation of an issue.

Paulyboy

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2007
I don't know what it could be......

Whenever I say open settings or launch settings, it will go into safe mode.

Okay so this tweak isn't without its problems. It completely broke reminders for me and apparently it does the same thing for some other built in Siri functionality, including opening some apps. The culprit appears to be Assistant Extensions, which gets installed alongside AssistantEnhancer. Basically Assistant Extensions is a framework that's needed for most Siri tweaks to function but the problem is it hasn't been updated for iOS 6 yet which is causing a lot of problems. That said the developer of AssistantEnhancer should have probably waited until Assistant Extensions was updated for IOS 6 which is apparently going to happen in one or two weeks. Hopefully that fixes any problems.

-PN

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
Okay so this tweak isn't without its problems. It completely broke reminders for me and apparently it does the same thing for some other built in Siri functionality, including opening some apps. The culprit appears to be Assistant Extensions, which gets installed alongside AssistantEnhancer. Basically Assistant Extensions is a framework that's needed for most Siri tweaks to function but the problem is it hasn't been updated for iOS 6 yet which is causing a lot of problems. That said the developer of AssistantEnhancer should have probably waited until Assistant Extensions was updated for IOS 6 which is apparently going to happen in one or two weeks. Hopefully that fixes any problems.

-PN

Thanks, I was thinking that it was having some problems.... I'll wait it out.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
Just got it and it works very well. Siri talks hella ish when asking for swag definition. Nice to check battery and toggle BT tho

robdam1001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2008
Just got it and it works very well. Siri talks hella ish when asking for swag definition. Nice to check battery and toggle BT tho

Try opening an app with Siri now and tell us your results.

I ask siri to open facebook and it opens Passbook every time, lol. What's really odd is that Siri displays "Open Facebook" yet opens Passbook.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
Try opening an app with Siri now and tell us your results.

I ask siri to open facebook and it opens Passbook every time, lol. What's really odd is that Siri displays "Open Facebook" yet opens Passbook.

I just did as you said and it worked just fine for me

sassenach74

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
Spain
Anybody outside the US finding this tweak useful?

Uk here, not overly useful. Doesn't work consistently. I use spotify, sometimes ill ask it to play an artist, it will find it then play a random song, as it should. Try it a second time, same artist, says I don't have that artist in my library. Doesn't really do anything else either.

Another observation, doesn't play nice with the recently updated hands free control tweak. Spotify music will launch but fail to actually play.

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
Uk here, not overly useful. Doesn't work consistently. I use spotify, sometimes ill ask it to play an artist, it will find it then play a random song, as it should. Try it a second time, same artist, says I don't have that artist in my library. Doesn't really do anything else either.

Another observation, doesn't play nice with the recently updated hands free control tweak. Spotify music will launch but fail to actually play.

Good to know. I'll pass then. Thanks man!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.