Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Assistive touch button disappears from the screen every now and then. When you go to Settings -> Accessibility it shows it's On but the button doesn't show up on the screen. You have to disable and enable again for t show

Dave-Z

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
Are you sure you don't have the opacity set really low? I think it goes as low as 15% which is pretty faint.

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Opacity is set at 40% and normally it's visible even when it becomes faint when not used for few seconds .. the button itself disappears.

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
Same problem here on both my iPad and iPhone. I first noticed that the Assistive Touch button randomly disappears under the beta version of iOS 12. I reported this problem to Apple using the Feedback app. Obviously, that report had no effect.

In my case the Assistive Touch button on both devices is gone every morning. I have to switch it off and back on again to bet the button back.

FreakSlayer

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2018
Assistive touch button disappears from the screen every now and then. When you go to Settings -> Accessibility it shows it's On but the button doesn't show up on the screen. You have to disable and enable again for t show

I think this is a bug with iOS 12, my phone does the same thing but only after sitting overnight...i have to use Siri to get into the accessibility section, turn assistive touch off and then on again for it to reappear.

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Yes it disappears after inactivity and also sometimes after syncing with iTunes
I think this is a bug with iOS 12, my phone does the same thing but only after sitting overnight...i have to use Siri to get into the accessibility section, turn assistive touch off and then on again for it to reappear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.