Assistive touch button disappears

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by gaanee, Sep 21, 2018.

1. gaanee macrumors 65816

Assistive touch button disappears from the screen every now and then. When you go to Settings -> Accessibility it shows it's On but the button doesn't show up on the screen. You have to disable and enable again for t show

2. Dave-Z macrumors 6502a

Are you sure you don't have the opacity set really low? I think it goes as low as 15% which is pretty faint.

3. gaanee thread starter macrumors 65816

Opacity is set at 40% and normally it's visible even when it becomes faint when not used for few seconds .. the button itself disappears.

4. Buadhai macrumors member

Buadhai

Same problem here on both my iPad and iPhone. I first noticed that the Assistive Touch button randomly disappears under the beta version of iOS 12. I reported this problem to Apple using the Feedback app. Obviously, that report had no effect.

In my case the Assistive Touch button on both devices is gone every morning. I have to switch it off and back on again to bet the button back.

5. Buadhai, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018

Buadhai macrumors member

Buadhai

Post to which this was a response has been deleted.

6. FreakSlayer macrumors newbie

FreakSlayer

I think this is a bug with iOS 12, my phone does the same thing but only after sitting overnight...i have to use Siri to get into the accessibility section, turn assistive touch off and then on again for it to reappear.

7. gaanee thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes it disappears after inactivity and also sometimes after syncing with iTunes