Assistive touch on iPhone 7/ 7plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sakura1210, Dec 16, 2016.

?

Do you use assistive touch on your iPhone 7 or 7 plus

1. Yes, of course.

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Nope.

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Sakura1210 macrumors newbie

Sakura1210

I used to use assistive touch on my older iPhones (4s, 5s, 6 plus and the 6s) because I was afraid that I could break my home button and/or ,y power button (as it was a physical button)! Now with the new iPhone 7 the home button is no longer clickable so i don't really have to worry about that. But I'm still not so sure about the power or the sleep/wake button. I am quite indecisive (as you can tell from this post). And I've heard or seen some people have said or posted that using assistive touch actually slow their iPhones down (not significantly but you can notice more lagging or sluggish compare to when they don't use the assostive touch) I don't have the correct information for this so I just want to do a quick poll. Do you use assistive touch on your iPhone? Why? Why not? What's your experience with the assistive touch? Hope you guys can help me. Thank you :)

2. Aneef macrumors regular

Aneef

No. I don't use the assistive touch because the home button is not actually a physical button that can wear out over time.
    About the sleep/power button, since I have raise to wake option enabled, hence that reduces 50% of the times I have to use the sleep button. And yes, for the remaining 50%, I use the sleep button to lock screen.

3. Sakura1210 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sakura1210

Thank you! I'm doing the same thing as well!

4. Sakura1210 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sakura1210

5. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Never used assistive touch. I do what @Aneef does. Only use the sleep button to lock if I am up and about. At my desk or home, just sit the phone down.