Assistive Touch UI is awesome, need more of it

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by cleo1, Sep 2, 2013.

1. cleo1 macrumors regular

Since the lock button on my iPhone 5 is broken, I am reduced to using assistive touch to simulate one digitally. I was always impressed with the practicality and aesthetics of the UI, and it is apparently eye-catching as well, promoting rubbernecking and drawing "oohs" and "ahs" from onlookers. Perhaps in iOS 8 a similar mechanism could be used to navigate a nesting control center or settings menu?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Is this different in some way in iOS 7 than previous versions?

3. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

Yes the UI background is blurry just like the whole OS.

Attached Files:

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Does that make it really better/different then?

Just trying to get in idea if there's really something new/different/specific in relation to it in iOS 7, or if this thread is more of an iOS 6 (or even 5) if not just a generic iPhone/iPad one.

5. jlocatell macrumors newbie

In fact I'd like to have the more info about this really forgotten feature.

I've not my home button broken, but I 've encountered a better way for using my iphone via AT.

J

6. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

There was asked for a difference and there was a difference regarding the background so I posted it. Sorry for contributing to this thread. Other than that, I also posted a screenshot so you could have a look at it. Did you?

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

I did. I was just trying to find out if there was something significantly new/different about Assistice Touch when it comes to iOS 7 (mainly from the OP) given this thread about it in the iOS 7 forum.

8. zbarvian macrumors 68010

I think Facebook's Chat Heads on Android are the most practical and most well-done version of this UI. They're one thing I envy of Android.

9. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

I broke part of the top metal band on my 4s early this year, used this option for a while but got tired quickly and spend almost 100 usd for the whole metal housing because i also broke the power button flex.

If you dont know you can make the tripe tap of the hoke button toggle on/off the assist ui.

10. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

What I'm wondering (and assume C DM is as well) are there actual functional differences in iOS7 Assistive Touch that's not present in iOS6?

11. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

He was talking about the assistive touch UI. Not assistive touch by itself.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Either one--basically what prompted the thread to be placed in the iOS 7 forum (rather than iOS 6 or iPhone forum)? Is there something significantly new or different about it when it comes to iOS 7?

13. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

That's new.
    Fairly poor thing that I have to quote myself...

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yes, but it's simply being consistent with the new OS design and not something that is specifically new to Assistive Touch individually, nor is it even something that is really meaningfully/drastically new/different that would typically really get someone to post a whole new thread about it, right? Thus the wonder if there is something more to it which prompted the new thread about it here.

15. Joe HS macrumors 6502

They haven't increased the size or curvature of the corners of the button to match iOS 7 home screen icons, it's still the same as pre-iOS 7 app icons.