Assurant iPhone 6 replacement new or refurb?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by techiegirl, Nov 6, 2014.

1. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

My daughter had her iPhone 6 stolen from her bag yesterday at school. We called Assurant (AT&T) and our claim has been approved. They will be shipping a new phone out in a day or two.

Will the replacement phone be new or refurbished? Her iPhone 6 also had AppleCare+ and I would like to add AppleCare to the replacement as well. We were told by Apple that if it's new, we could add AppleCare, but not if it's refurbished.

2. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

My partner had a 4S replaced twice in 2013 due to it being lost and the phones were new in a retail box. I don't know if it's changed since then.

3. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

Brand new most of the time. Right now you will def be getting a brand new one being that its a brand new phone launched only a month ago.

4. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

I would say it's probably new or a device that someone had and then returned within the 15 day window because they didn't like it or something like that.

5. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Most likely new. Most of us on here, suspect the replacements are cherry picked through quality control since apple doesn't want a disappointed customer twice.

6. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

I had to have my 5S replaced in September and it was a brand new in the original retail box with all accessories.

I was impressed.

7. techiegirl thread starter macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

So far, I'm impressed with Assurant. Less than 24 hours after making the report, they have already shipped out a replacement phone for delivery tomorrow.

8. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

The name of the company is Asurion not Assurant

9. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

My replacement iPhone was also delivered the following day and was brand new, in a retail box. I was quite impressed with their service.

10. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

This has nothing to do with Apple its s 3rd part insurance thru att

11. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

That most people can't even get the name correct

12. Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

My sister had her HTC one replaced through asurion and it was in brand new retail packaging with all the accessories as well.