Astronaut in Space - Mom Dies

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by rdowns, Dec 20, 2007.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

This is so sad. Poor guy is stuck up in space.

2. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

3. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

All astronauts are asked about how to handle tragic news when they're in space and he opted to be told.

Just heard on the news that NASA will tape the funeral and beam it up for him to watch.

4. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

Hopefully that'll count for something :(

5. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Shame. My thoughts go out him and his family.

6. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

That is sad. :(
    It happens on earth as well, but with less glamor than saying "I was stuck in space". If my mother died (a thought I cannot handle) I wouldn't be able to attend the funeral either. I don't have the money to fly from england to los angeles. Honestly, I think that is a more frustrating situation, being able to but not being "able" to. (if that makes sense) I wonder how many times things like this happen, I bet lots. Not everyone can be with their families when they might most like to be. Then there's the soldiers who are likely stuck where they are... life is just crappy like that.

Jeeeesus, sorry for the added dark cloud. :eek: the holidays really bring out the best in me. :eek: :(

7. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

I think you're right. I wonder how many in the military have had a mother, father, wife, son, daughter, brother or sister die while deployed overseas. It comes with the territory. The same is true of off-shore oil workers and a dozen other professions I am sure.