Astronomy face bugging out

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by maugustine, May 1, 2015.

1. maugustine macrumors regular

maugustine

I tried the Astronomy face today, and when viewing it's as if time has sped up. the moon in the bottom right is going from full to new in a matter of seconds. The planets in the bottom right are moving as equally as fast. Hopefully a reboot fixes it. Anyone else see this? Seems like a nice bug.

2. blackbear219 macrumors regular

You didn't hear? The sun exploded 4 or so minutes ago. The last of the light should be getting here in another 4 minutes. :D

3. maugustine thread starter macrumors regular

maugustine

4. n8c macrumors member

That's normal--the little icons in the corners are meant to show motion, I think. At least that's been the way mine have been since day 1. The cool part of this face is that as you switch between the moon, earth, and solar system, the motion going from one to the other accurately reflects their relative positions.

5. maugustine thread starter macrumors regular

maugustine

What is the motion tied to I wonder? I would imagine that they would represent actual phase of the moon, not a sped up cycle. It doesn't make sense to me, but I did just watch one of the official Apple videos from the Watch site and I see the same behavior, so maybe it is intentional after all. I could be missing something obvious. :D