Asurion insurance and verizon.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VnGuard, Sep 5, 2011.

1. VnGuard macrumors newbie

Ok so I have an iphone 4 with verizon and I also have a fascinate for the reason that I'm learning how to develop apps for both platforms. Recently I switched devices from the iphone to the fascinate on the same line and switched it back on the same day using the online option but it didn't prompt me if I wanted to switch to the asurion insurance service so I called verizon and asked them if they could turn the insurance back on and so they did. Today I switched devices again and once again switched back to the iphone and it didn't prompt me to the asurion service. I called verizon to turn it on but this time they said they couldn't. I told them that I have done the same thing before and they didn't give me a clear reason. I don't know if they are just being jerks or something but can someone please confirm that I can't turn the asurion insurance on and off?

2. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

asurion is a waste of money anyway, you should thank them

3. kicko macrumors 65816

I'm not sure about the insurance, but i was told if was going to switch back and forth between devices i would lose my warranty or any coverage with verizon. The rep then told be it was silly since they can tell clearly its the same 2 devices being used but the computer system is built that way.

keep the insurance on the samsung. The iphone doesnt need it since apple would replace out of warranty for $200 at worst.