Asurion Refurb Has Apple Warranty Left

LoliS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2017
I received an Asurion replacement device that has Apple Warranty left. The speaker stopped working and Apple said they would replace it under warranty.

I did not see this when I called Apple but it has Refurbished by Asurion etched on the back of the device. Would that void the Apple warranty?

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
It might be, since its a third party repair/replacement was under them, which the defect ultimately is their responsibility. Asurion should send you another replacement device, being the device came from them. Have you contacted Asurion?

LoliS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2017
It might be, since its a third party repair/replacement was under them, which the defect ultimately is their responsibility. Asurion should send you another replacement device, being the device came from them. Have you contacted Asurion?
Yes and they will send another replacement device but I would prefer one from Apple directly if possible.

I guess I should call Apple back and ask them.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Yes and they will send another replacement device but I would prefer one from Apple directly if possible.

I guess I should call Apple back and ask them.
Personally, Asurion is unreliable and sketchy. I would also choose Apple's refurbished model as well. That would Agitate me also if I my iPhone was etched Asurion on the back of it. Let us know what Apple says.

Last edited:

LoliS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2017
Personally, Asurion is unreliable and sketchy. I would also choose Apple's refurbished model as well. That would Agitate me also if I my iPhone was etched Asurion on the back of it. Let us know Apple says.
Will do. I probably can't call until tomorrow since I am at work late tonight.

LoliS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2017
Let us know what Apple says.
I called today and the Apple rep said that Asurion was a certified Apple refurbisher and so that they would honor the warranty. I asked him to confirm with a Senior Advisor and he put me on hold and said that he did when he came back on the line. I also asked him to notate in my account that I am sending back a device that is marked Refurbished by Asurion and he said that he notated that.

So I gave them my credit card and they are sending out the warranty replacement. I will let you know how this goes. I hope he notated that in my account like he said he did. But he didn't seem too concerned about the Asurion refurb.
[doublepost=1489084258][/doublepost]
Asurion uses 3rd party parts and I would think that would void the warranty. You can sure give it a try.
See my post above. According to the Apple rep I spoke to today, Asurion is certified by Apple to repair and refurbish iPhones. I hope I don't get screwed by this.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I called today and the Apple rep said that Asurion was a certified Apple refurbisher and so that they would honor the warranty. I asked him to confirm with a Senior Advisor and he put me on hold and said that he did when he came back on the line. I also asked him to notate in my account that I am sending back a device that is marked Refurbished by Asurion and he said that he notated that.

So I gave them my credit card and they are sending out the warranty replacement. I will let you know how this goes. I hope he notated that in my account like he said he did. But he didn't seem too concerned about the Asurion refurb.
See my post above. According to the Apple rep I spoke to today, Asurion is certified by Apple to repair and refurbish iPhones. I hope I don't get screwed by this.
Good to hear. Good call having Apple notate your account and you will much happier with Apple's warranty phone versus Asurion.

Reactions: LoliS

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

Good for YOU!

Hope it all works out!

Reactions: LoliS
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.