Asus Eee PC

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jasonbot, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

So my mom's going to Japan (The land of cheap electronics) and since I don't have a laptop of my own i'm hoping to get a cheap one from there. I like the asus because it's really small and cheap. But i'm just wondering, are there any other options out there (And not the OLPC XO). Note this wont be my main computer (I have an iMac for that) but ill use it @ school for internet and that sort of stuff. maybe some music from my iPod since the drive is so small although i have a 60Gb 2.5" that I will probably use exclusively with the computer.

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Really not the right forum for this. This is the Apple Hardware Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion. Try the community forum. Its also a bad day to talk about anything, given Leopard.

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

4. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Kohjinsha make cheap & cheerful subnotebooks.

http://www.kohjinsha.com/models/index.html

They are sold in other markets under some different names. The manufacturer may vary, but the model numbers should be the same. Whether you'll get a better deal in Japan given the currency situation is something I don't know.

All stuff tagged Kojinsha at engadget: http://www.engadget.com/tag/Kohjinsha

Not sure if you're in the market for something like a Sony UX92S - although at around the equivalent of $2K even if you got a decent spec cheap, maybe not. I use a few of the current US equivalents and apart from the keyboard (an unavoidable problem in something so compact), I'm fairly happy with it.

5. Jasonbot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

nah, actually its just general "Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion":D

Those Kohjinsha subnotebooks looks pretty good. and they've got nice big SSD's!