Asus Wants To Oust Apple..

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Goona, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Queso macrumors G4

Asus go for a different market segment to Apple. If they're going to kill anyone it'll be Dell.

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I like Asus. Great products for their segment. Not sure what they are thinking with the games console. Outdoing the Wii hardware-wise is fairly trivial. Its content and franchises like Mario and Zelda that sell there. Going for Apple is fairly ambitious but a nice complement for Apple.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Asus is definitely making a huge name for themselves...So many models though...

4. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

Both my hackintoshes are built on Asus boards. Really easy to do. Just big.

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Good. They recent netbooks(which share some design elements with the Air) look just great! I'm just trying to hold onto my EEE 701 until we seen some innovation in the netbook market(new CPU would be a great start, more Ion netbooks, etc)

That said, it was the first PC i've bought in a while and it has been a good laptop!

6. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    They need a big marketing push, or maybe a re-branding to take on Apple. They may have the hardware, but the brand pales..

7. coupdetat macrumors 6502

If they want to be like Apple, they first need to stop releasing 15 Eee's every day. Also, they need a new Eee logo--the current one is horrible!