asus X71sl compared to current macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheGingerNinja, Feb 2, 2011.

1. TheGingerNinja macrumors member

Hey guys am thinking of switching, be it now of later on with refresh. But for now I just would like to know the rough percentage increase I should see between my Asus and the current baseline 15" model. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! :)

2. TheGingerNinja thread starter macrumors member

Hey thanks for the links! Well I am mainly going to use it for school work, browsing the web etc and some games: like shogun 2. It might be a tad overkill but I want this laptop to last me for a good 5 or so years, and be able to keep up with software advances.

3. gonnabuyamacbsh macrumors 6502

They well both last 5+ years. But one is twice as much as the other. if it's worth it to you get the mbp. If not get the asus. Asus is a great company and they have great laptops. If I were you I'd just wait for apple to refresh the 13" mbp and get that.

4. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

Nothing will keep up with software advances for 5 years. Either machine will run its current software without a hitch for 5 years. Macs have a reliable reputation, so the hardware may survive for 5+ years as well. But when newer, more demanding software comes out, any machine will eventually flounder and you'll have to deal with slowdowns or plain incompatibility.

5. xdbuix macrumors 6502

i would hold out for the macbook. There's alot of rumors going around. SSD standard, loss of optical drive, and LIQUID METAL not aluminum.

6. Merkava_4 macrumors 6502a

Just like I thought, the Asus has the trackpad off center.