Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
I know it’s experimental, but I was having an issue with replying if the message was bigger than the initial box. It didn’t want to let me scroll down and definitely didn’t want to let me accurately pick where the cursor was going to be. That changes when I removed the option, which was a process because I had them all enabled and didn’t know which one was doing it.

Figured I’d let you guys know, just in case.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I know it’s experimental, but I was having an issue with replying if the message was bigger than the initial box. It didn’t want to let me scroll down and definitely didn’t want to let me accurately pick where the cursor was going to be. That changes when I removed the option, which was a process because I had them all enabled and didn’t know which one was doing it.

Figured I’d let you guys know, just in case.
Thanks for the tip, I encountered this as well and probably would have taken longer to try play with those settings if I didn't come across your post.

Settings > Safari > Advanced > Experimental Features

Not sure what the reasoning is for having some of those options enabled or disabled by default in iOS, especially since they are experimental/developer type of options (and it probably would make sense to have them off by default for typical users), but at least they can be modified.

Last edited:
Reactions: simonmet

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
I'm not sure if this is related but I have a problem scrolling on this site now and this site only. When I use the mouse wheel it lags or doesn't scroll at all, it even prompted me to change my batteries, then I realized it was only happening on this site. Where do you find those settings?

Reactions: yanki01

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
I'm having scrolling issues too. thought it was the battery going out in my mouse but it's only on this website. it doesn't scroll for a moment then lets you scroll. been happening since last week. on Chrome and Safari.

Reactions: ericgtr12

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
An update - IPP 12.9 G2 - on Spectrum’s website checking on my router settings and later on Deviant Art - in both cases Safari froze and allowed no vertical scrolling. Killing Safari in task manager then reopening restored scrolling. These were two separate incidences hours apart.

Haven’t seen that before. Will be keeping an eye on that...

Update: the tabs and pages worked fine. Just would not vertical scroll.

Thanks to @C DM who pointed this out to me - this is from the 11.3 thread.
I have turned off all of the options in Experimental and will see how things go.

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
I'm having scrolling issues too. thought it was the battery going out in my mouse but it's only on this website. it doesn't scroll for a moment then lets you scroll. been happening since last week. on Chrome and Safari.
Hoping they address this. :)

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Thanks to @C DM who pointed this out to me - this is from the 11.3 thread.
I have turned off all of the options in Experimental and will see how things go.

Was on my HR website this morning and it happened again. Everything worked but that specific tab would not scroll down.... :confused:

Update: It has improved however I still am running into sites where the scrolling freezes. It did help. Think I may play with these a bit.

Last edited:

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Thanks for this but I am using Chrome. I have tried turning off rich text editor as well but it makes no difference. When I am viewing the thread page (the one we're viewing this post in) the scroll on the mouse is pretty much useless so I just use the scroll bar now.

Maybe try:
Menu > Settings > Advanced Settings > Under 'System' uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available.

Reactions: ericgtr12

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
Thanks for the tips all, I'm thinking this is something on my side or we would have everyone and their mother in here complaining lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.