At a loss with AT&T - pictures included

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bbplayer5, Jul 1, 2010.

1. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Been on the phone with AT&T tech support for the better part of the last 4 days about 3G simply not working most of the time. Ive heard everything from a tower being down, to there is nothing wrong. Each time I call I get another answer... My father is having the same issue with his iPhone 4, yet, my coworker can load pages on 3G fine. This is all being done without holding the phone, so no, im not holding it wrong... For a comparison, I am posting a picture of what my verizon droid was getting speed wise...

Allentown PA - and speedtest for iPhone wont even recognize the philly server... So I cant get a closer server for comparison, but either way, I still cant load web pages, get push messages, etc... for majority of the day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AT&T has been 0 help in resolving this issue in 4 days and has yet to come up with an explanation... Edge works fine, its just the 3G coverage that is goes in and out constantly.

Text messages are also slow to send...

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. himni macrumors regular

If rebooting doesn't help try resetting all network settings. If that doesn't help try restoring as a new phone.

It probably isn't on the AT&T end it is probably the phone. You could also try calling applecare or making an appointment at the local apple store.

4. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

Formatting, resetting etc did nothing. Made an apt at the apple store...

5. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

Problem solved - maybe...

I had to do a DFU restore to the phone and not recover from a backup. Not sure what happened but it sure seems to be working now.

6. soco macrumors 68030

soco

I've been having the same exact problem for the past 5 days. Like you, AT&T has been zero help. Unlike you, I've been through the ringer!

1) Restored both as backup and new phone.

2) Called AT&T, tons of network tests and resets performed.

3) Went to Apple, swapped phone for a brand new one.

4) Went to AT&T, got a new SIM card.

5) Back to Apple, another new phone.

6) Back to AT&T, more calls to AT&T techs.

7) Transferred to Apple Tech, told me to go to Apple Store.

8) Pulled hair out...

9) Went home.

10) ...

11) Profit?

In all seriousness, I don't know what else to do. I'm going to try this DFU restore and see what happens, but Jesus tapdancing Christ this is annoying.