At End of My Rope - 2-3 hour Backup/Sync

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by meagain, Aug 14, 2008.

1. meagain macrumors 68030

Seriously. Is something wrong with my phone? I've searched for tips to try to get this to take a few minutes like my old phone to no avail.
    Yep - just sync'd again and that went quick. Now it AGAIN wants to back up the phone. I've done this basically every day.

Is something wrong with my phone or what? I know others have this problem but there doesn't seem to be a fix. I can't deal with this anymore but don't know what to do.

Has anyone with the problem contacted AppleCare? I'm curious what they said. I'd call but my phone is backing up!

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I had this happen last night. I blamed it on adding apps during the day and playing Sudoku. But I would only expect it during those situations.

If this is daily, then I would worry.

TEG

3. Reefbone macrumors regular

I think the iPhone house is falling down tonight. It'll be in all the papers tomorrow.

I'm having my second long backup of the evening. I'm trying to get my Yahoo mail to work. It says I have the wrong password which is BS because I can log on through IE. Worked fine from launch to early this evening.

Any who... I jumped on the board to see how to speed up the back-up process.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Fewer Apps, faster backups (from my experience). I think the real problem is that the entire apps are traded between iPhone and iTunes, not just some sort of preferences file. That is why it takes so long.

TEG

5. meagain thread starter macrumors 68030

I just don't understand why it would take so long. I've never downloaded apps directly from the iPhone, etc. If the apps are the same, I don't know why it wouldn't just pass over them to move onto other tasks in the backup.

I still question the 'send info to Apple' I checked on when I first plugged the phone in. I did the "reset settings" trick, cleaned out my VAST logs, crashlog, etc. Yet I don't get the window popping up again to ask me the question again so I "think" this thing is constantly communicating to apple servers while it's backing up and sync'ing. I bet that's what's happening here.

I'm on hold with a higher tier AppleCare.