At first I panicked but now I absolutely love the 6+ so give it time!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drober30, Sep 21, 2014.

1. drober30, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014

drober30 macrumors 6502a

My message here is don't panic but try your 6+ out before condemning it.

Some will know right off the bat that it was not for them but if you have longed for a big screen like the Samsung phones, then don't panic and try it out.

I was so unsure my first few hours that I was not enjoying the phone but still analyzing it. I even went back to the Apple Store and played with the 6. After that I personally realized that the 6 was not a big enough upgrade in screen size for me and was happier with my 6+

It's now Sunday afternoon (I got my 6+ 8:00am on launch day) and I absolutely love this phone. I am now reaching for the right place to activate the sleep/wake button...lol and double tapping the home button to reach the top of the screen is almost second nature.

I hope this helps those that have one coming and are second-guessing their purchase or those that are feeling unsure if they can adjust.

Now, if we can only find one for my wife!

2. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Same here, when I first unboxed it I thought it was not the right phone for me, but after 2 days of use Its growing on me more and more and I'm loving it, thought about exchanging it, but not anymore.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Try your 6+ out before condemning it?

I imagine most people will try it out if they;ve already purchased it...

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Sorry but when my friend opened his Plus, we all laughed. He replaced it yesterday and has no regrets.

Each to his own.

5. sprungson macrumors member

I had the note 3 which is bigger than the iPhone 6+. I absolutely love the 6+. I can give you all some pros with a larger screen you realize over time:

1. Reading books on vacation (ie beach). I was never satisified reading books on a 4"
    2. Writing Emails for work. More real estate and attachments are viewed without having to zoom
    3. Editing spreadsheets
    4. Watching movies at the gym. 4" was too small
    5. Nice when you're waiting around at a coffee shop or at a place for people.
    6. I traveled around Asia and I loved that I never needed my laptop or iPad. I was satisfied for two weeks.
    7. when I'm in all day meetings, im generally satisfied using the larger screen (because all day meetings are boring but let's not get into the debate of their effeciency).
    8. Selfies look better lol!!

Some other notes to mention that I've made a habit over time:
    -putting in pocket while in bars/clubs/restaurants. Not a problem for standard pants.
    -I adapted to do one handed use. Mainly got good with swiping with one hand, so hopefully swipe fixes their bugs.

6. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

7. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Any phone requires a few days to become accustomed to it. It's normal and love my 6 Plus!

8. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

It does become business as usual pretty quickly.

9. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Had the massive 6 plus for two hours then took it back. It's silly big.

10. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

It was a little shocking how big it was when I first unbixed it. Now, I love it!!! Definitely right for me.

11. M0esmac macrumors 6502a

M0esmac

Not a single point applies to me but the only thing why I want the 6+ is the battery life compared to my 5s.

12. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

This should be obvious to anybody who bought it. There's a reason you bought it to begin with.

We're used to the smaller phones Apple puts out so of course it will look intimidating at first. Your eyes and hands will adjust after owning it for a few days and then you'll wonder why Apple waited so long.

Anybody who bought it and returned it already is missing out. The 6 is hardly an upgrade to the 5S, and it can be argued that it's even a downgrade. The 6 Plus brings a new, fresh iOS experience.

13. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

Yup, Apple always late to the party... Finally a decent sized screen.

14. GoBlueApple macrumors newbie

I've been using my 6+ 128gb since Friday. My wife upgraded to a 6 64gb so I've had the opportunity to handle both. My 6+ replaced a 5s and I'm keeping it. Here's why...During the week I primarily use my iPhone for web and texting, at my desk or in meetings at work. Usually, however, I find myself bring my iPad to work because the 5s was just too small to use meaningfully for work activities. On the weekends, my iPhone is always on me. I primarily use it for web and texting, and to entertain my two boys when we're running errands. I never take the iPad with me on the go but I often found my 5s to be frustratingly small.

The 6+ is big, very big and so it is hard to use completely one-handed. Despite being big, however, it still fits easily into a front pants pocket, where I carry my phone(for reference, I'm a 5'8" male with a medium build). And the difference I feel between the 6 and the 6+ in my pocket is negligible. It is easy to hold with one hand and the screen makes reading content a joy.

I don't workout with the iPhone strapped to my arm. I rarely make phone calls with the handset to my head. Most of those calls are generated in my car, where I have bluetooth and I never hold the handset to my head. If I did work out with the phone or routinely held it to my head, I might have considered going with the 6. All things considered, the 6+ is totally worth it if you use the phone like I do.

15. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Honeymoon period. My Note 3 latest two months so it goes to show it takes awhile to really decide. At least I was able to sell it for a good price.

16. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

17. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Me too. Love the 6 plus. Went to the apple store today to compare it with the 6 and I left liking my 6 plus even more. The big screen takes it to a whole notha level multimedia wise!.

18. bp1000 macrumors 65816

Same, overwhelmed at the size at first. Having had much smaller smartphones all these years its only taken 3 days to figure that the 6+ screen is vastly superior for smartphone use.

I compared my 6+ to a friends 6 and you can't actually use the 6 one handed without adjusting your grip. It is easier to hold one handed though. However i don't think i ever use my phone 1 handed so it is all irrelevant.

Bit odd holding such a large phone to the ear but that will pass. The normal 6 is a more familiar size and shape but i'm very glad i chose the 6+ and stuck with it.