at least once a day Home button won't work while I am on the call

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by IPhoneuserSuper, Feb 18, 2010.

1. IPhoneuserSuper macrumors newbie

IPhone 3Gs has this cool feature allowing user to use his/her apps while he/she is on the call with somebody. To accomplish that you simply press HOME button (round button on the lower part of the phone) and it takes you to your app page.
    At least once a day this feature doesnt work for me. No matter how many times I press it, it wouldnt take me to the app page.
    Is anyone else experiencing this behavior? I figured it should be kind of expected
    coz IPhone is almost like computer after all, but I want to make sure.

Cannot wait for here from all of you...
    Thanks

2. amjaliks macrumors newbie

Do you experience any problems with Home button, while you are not on the call? If iPhone doesn't respond to Home button it may be a technical issue with Home button, and, if iPhone is still on the warranty, it need to be replaced.

3. IPhoneuserSuper thread starter macrumors newbie

When I am not on call it works all the time. When I am on call it doesnt work but ONLY sometimes.

4. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

I find it always works... EXCEPT sometimes when I take a call while the phone is locked (needs passcode). It should simply ask me for the security code when I hit Home, but sometimes it doesn’t respond. Try turning the screen off/on (sleep button). It won’t end the call, but it does bring the phone to its senses so you can enter your code and be on your way using other apps while you talk.

If you don’t have a security code, then I don’t know if this applies—still, you might try it.