At local FedEx facility

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by twotontito, Oct 19, 2008.

1. twotontito macrumors member

My tracking information just updated tonight and it now says that it is at the local FedEx facility here. The Estimated Delivery Date still claims that it will be delivered on Wednesday. I called FedEx and asked them if there would be a delivery attempt tomorrow since it is at the local facility, but they would not give me an answer.

Does anyone have any insight on this? If it is at the facility, will there be a delivery attempt made tomorrow? I need to know so I can be here if it is going to be delivered.

Thanks in advance.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

From my experience, yes, your package will probably be delivered tomorrow.

Although, if I'm wrong I'm going to feel really bad about getting your hopes up. :eek:

3. twotontito thread starter macrumors member

I'd rather get my hopes up for tomorrow and have it not show up than have it show up and not be here to take it! :p

Thanks.

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

If it's going to be delivered, your status should read "on truck for delivery" tomorrow morning.

5. twotontito thread starter macrumors member

Have any idea what time that status could show up tomorrow? I hope it is before I have to leave for work!

6. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Sorry, I don't. I would suspect before 8 am, although that's honestly just a guess.

I suppose it's not possible for you to check from work?

7. twotontito thread starter macrumors member

I COULD check from work, yes. But if it is coming tomorrow, I was hoping to just call my work and tell them I am working the whole day from home.

8. Nate025 macrumors regular

The 'On truck for delivery' usually shows up between 6am and 8am the day it goes out, but I have had a few times Fedex tracks didn't update at all until the package was delivered and signed for.

9. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

you can always call apple and have them redirect the package to your office. i've done that before.

10. twotontito thread starter macrumors member

Does that cause any delays? Could I do that still tomorrow morning?

11. Empyre macrumors member

You could also, after work, go to your local fed ex facility (warehouse where they keep all the packages) and pick it up yourself. But prepare to provide tracking number and identification....not that you wouldn't have all those things but just a heads up. Just call fedex to find out which location your package is at and then roll over there to pick it up

12. damlog89 macrumors newbie

same story with mine actually. It says delivery on wednesday, but it's in a city 1 hour away right now, so i'm expecting a delivery tomorrow. It started out in China, so maybe they over-compensated to cover their ass.

13. Empyre macrumors member

I will add that my "estimated" delivery date was October 20th, but I ended up getting mine on the 17th :cool: So its certainly a good possibility that it will be arriving tomorrow for you lucky lads

14. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Same here, you will probably get it tomorrow morning, if the facility is fairly close (hour or less away).

15. gkorsgard macrumors newbie

I shall see...

Mine shows delivery for Wednesday. However, it is at the local facility. We will see if mine makes it tomorrow.

16. twotontito thread starter macrumors member

Here's something I have never seen before. It says it was "On FedEx vehicle for delivery" at 7:03am, but now it updated again to "At dest sort facility" at 7:41am.

Isn't that a little bit... out of order?

17. Steve686 macrumors 68020

Steve686

Go pick it up. Call them and see if they will let you.

18. twotontito thread starter macrumors member

They won't let you pick it up until there has been a delivery attempt made, which apparently has not happened as of yet. As far as I know, they will still be attempting to deliver it today. If that fails, I will pick it up tonight.

19. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Quite common for the time stamps to be out of order. If it says its out for delivery it probably is, but if you are feeling anxious call FedEx and they can tell you for sure.

20. twotontito thread starter macrumors member

It was just delivered.. With a hole in the box. I won't be able to take a look at it until tonight, but if the computer is damaged, it will be going straight back.

21. Empyre macrumors member

The corner of my box was smashed ever so slightly, but the computer was intact so I saw by it. There is also a very small blemish right above my trackpad, but I was also willing to overlook that one as well seeing how my hands cover it up almost at all times so not a big deal i reckon