Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbook123

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 11, 2006
It looks like there are only 4 slots left on the iPhone "Desktop" for Apple to add more applications. Of the existing 12 application buttons, none can be removed.
Am I misunderstanding something?

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
It looks like there are only 4 slots left on the iPhone "Desktop" for Apple to add more applications. Of the existing 12 application buttons, none can be removed.
Am I misunderstanding something?

Scrolling, pagination.

Squareball

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2004
Palo Alto, CA
It will be similar to the iPod interface on the iPhone. Simply have a 'more' option where you can have more apps and manage the apps that are on the first screen.

One interesting note is that the pamphlet that you get at the AT&T store shows the iPhone without the YouTube app icon. Of course YouTube was added pretty late in the game so it's not surprising that they would have an old image. But think about it, is YouTube a must have on the main screen? Probably not but there was room so cool go for it. I think there will be an SDK at some point in the next 6 months that allows developers to create apps for the iPhone and possibly sell them through the iTunes store. Once synced to the phone you'll be able to set whatever apps you want on the main screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.