At my wits end regarding Safari crashing.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bojado71, Nov 21, 2008.

1. bojado71 macrumors member

I am at my wits end regarding Safari crashing. What makes it worse is that a few co-workers are not having this problem. I am wondering if this is due to the sites I visit or that I have multiple apps or do i have a defective phone? What would be the best way to confirm this? Have others experienced multiple crashes while co-workers have not?

2. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

have you updated to 2.2?

it seems that my phone will go through a rough patch where it crashes regularly and after a hard reset it works fine. having less apps seemed to make the crashes fewer and farther between.

3. aristobrat macrumors G5

IMO, the sites you visit play a huge role. Safari stumbles on some sites. If you visit those sites frequently and your coworkers don't, you'll have totally different experiences.

4. fishmoose macrumors 68000

As the above poster said update to 2.2.

But one thing that made it better for me on 2.1 was to delete my databases after i did that i had zero crashes for a few days then i logged in onto my gmail account and a gmail database was created and safari crashed the same day.

Can't say how the situation is in 2.2 haven't used safari on that version yet.

5. Sonoran macrumors member

Noobie question: How do you delete the database?

6. fishmoose macrumors 68000

You go to settings --> Safari, then under the Security thing with JavaScript and popups if you have any databases they should be there right under accept cookies.