AT&T $18.00 Fee

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by r2b2007, Jul 9, 2010.

1. r2b2007 macrumors regular

Just returned from picking up reserved phone at Apple store and before they would sell me the phone I had to sign and accept $18.00 fee. Then he told me if I call AT&T and explain I reserved on the launch weekend they will take it off. We had another phone we ordered on 6/15 that missed the launch window and came a week after and there was nothing about the $18.00 fee.

I called AT&T and no problem easy to waive. Then he said I can waive your other phone. The one ordered on 6/15. Just wanted to let people know to take a close look at your first bill you may have a surprise. Best of luck to all.

2. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

Id be very surprised if anyones is waived without effort.

Mine is already on there. Preordered from apple, whatever the first morning was.

3. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

Why should it be waived? The original upgrade condition included the upgrade fee, and I don't recall any such promise that they would drop it.

They made the upgrade available to almost everyone, isn't that enough?

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I called to have mine waved. As she was doing it, she was reading aloud and mentioned NYC taxes. I moved out of NYC over 2 years ago and changed my address with ATT at that time but they kept charging my NYC taxes. Waiting to find out how much they owe me. :D

5. r2b2007 thread starter macrumors regular

I picked up one phone on launch day at Apple store and was told the $18.00 fee was waived. My billing cycled a few days later and no $18.00 charge. I am just reporting what I was told (he volunteered the information) today. When I called AT&T there was no discussion, very matter of fact the AT&T representative even apologized. I am not making any judgement just glad I saved some money that I was not expecting to pay based on my launch day purchase.

6. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

7. xyz1534 macrumors regular

They can waive the fee if they want...I had mine waived, just call them and tell them u wud like the fee to be waived...they'll do it

8. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

ATT charges an $18 fee to upgrade any line with any phone and has for a very long time. Its pretty standard and personally not worth the fight needed to even tried and get it waived.

9. Philalbe macrumors 6502

:)

10. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Sounds like you just got lucky and landed someone who was pretty nonchalant about it. The odds are against you in this case, usually. AT&T is full of reluctant ****heads.

11. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I don't see why, I pay AT&T over $1,200.00 a year for service and buy top end phones, there's no reason for them to nickel and dime me over what, adding a supported phone to my line? Give me a break. This would be comparable to my cable company charging me a fee when I purchased a new TV, makes no sense.

12. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

13. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

Only If they were subsidizing the cost of your new TV.

I think I'll call them try to get next month's bill waived. And if they don't, that will make them a-holes.

14. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

because the 400 they gave wasn't enough?