AT&T 2 Year Contract Subsidized Pricing Pre-Order Issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dizzy714, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Dizzy714 macrumors member

So I was getting things set up for the pre-order to make sure things go smoothly come midnight and I ran into this issue. I have a full upgrade available, states so clearly on AT&T's website on my line - but when checking eligibility options through Apple's website the Next program is the only option eligible. Can anybody else verify this is a problem? Spoke with Apple chat and the lady said the same thing was happening to her so she 'looked into it' and claimed that Apple is aware of the issue and that it will be fixed by tonight.

2. iAdamator macrumors regular

My eligibility says I can either do the NEXT Plan or a 2 year contract. My 2 year contract was up about 2 months ago.

I also wanted to ask, where do to go to setup things for later to pre-order? I am not sure where to do that at.

3. Cryates macrumors 6502a

You cannot do the 2-year contracts through the Apple site. You will have to go through AT&T.

4. LeeRod macrumors member

AT&T's 2 year contract upgrade is no longer available through Apples website which is why you won't see it listed there as an option. Can only do it through AT&T.

5. Dizzy714 thread starter macrumors member

Is this something new? I've upgraded every year with a 2 year contract through Apple's website all the way up until last years iPhone 6.

6. ocabj macrumors 6502a

ocabj

Just buy it straight cash. I gave up on 2 year contract renewals.

7. dave420 macrumors 65816

Yea it changed several months ago.

8. Dizzy714 thread starter macrumors member

Well that's a serious blow, I guess this will be the first year I'm forced to make my purchase on AT&T's website. Was hoping to combine a case and the dock in one order but ah well. I have 4 lines on my account so I'm always able to upgrade every year with subsidized pricing and essentially paying nothing out of pocket with annual re-selling of my phone.

9. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

What's the advantage to that?

10. macher macrumors 6502a

macher

You're leaving $400+ on the table if you don't take advantage of 2 year subsidy.

11. Dizzy714 thread starter macrumors member

So the verdict is through AT&T directly is the ONLY place to pre-order with a 2 year contract?

12. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I chatted with both Apple and AT&T and both didn't know if the 2 year contract will be available to pick as an option lol wow

13. Dizzy714 thread starter macrumors member

And yet the 2 year contract pricings are still the first pricings flashed on the big screen on announcement as if they're still the standards in pricing! Ah!

14. melman101 macrumors 68030

Correct. That's my plan. It's gonna be a **** show.

Mel

15. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

In the Apple Store app on the iPhone. It isn't an option in the app on the iPad, just on the iPhone.

16. tivoboy macrumors 68030

I tried doing it through the apple store, of course it wasn't an option. I just did it through the at&t app on the iphone, and it was of course and option and I completed it just now 06:00 pst. Sad part was the formatting on the page was so bad that on the confirmation page the area to select to accept the T&C's was nowhere to be found. Somehow just clicking around the page go it to work though but still - do some TESTING AT&T before letting people get all the way to the final page.
    ship/arrive 9/25

17. gswilder macrumors regular

I had the issue, where I could not select the Apple installment plan options. So I just went with ATT next, and AppleCare+.

18. melman101 macrumors 68030

You had to go to a different area. Only in-store for the Apple installment plan.