Carrier At&t 2-year upgrade question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coltconnn, Sep 11, 2015.

1. coltconnn macrumors newbie

coltconnn

Hello everyone! I have a quick question about using a 2 year upgrade on At&t for the preorder tonight. I currently have unlimited data and I want to use an upgrade on a different number on my account, however, the only upgrade I have available is under the line I have for my grandfather, which is just one of those cheap flip phones.

My question is, would using the upgrade from this number force me to sign up for a data package? Or will there be an option to port the upgrade over to my line somehow? Thanks to everyone for your help!

2. KG5429 macrumors member

I would call ATT they can probably give you the upgrade but probably not going to be an easy process online will have to do in store or over the phone

3. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502

JonathanK81

It will require adding a data package.

4. coltconnn thread starter macrumors newbie

coltconnn

Ok! I always dread calling At&t... looks like i don't really have a choice though. Thanks! :)

5. dave006 macrumors 68020

No this information is not correct. You can log into your account and swap the upgrade to your line. Note it moves the contact but does not affect the phone number of features.

Just log into your online account and check your upgrade status for your line and you will see the information "Use someone else's upgrade eligibility" right below your line upgrade status.

Dave

6. Stlcheer macrumors regular

^^this^^