at&t 2 yr upgrade with next now through apple store?

ericlaurence

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
i have a 2 year contract right now that is currently complete and i'm just paying month to month. according to at&t, i'm eligible to upgrade using next OR another 2 year contract. can i upgrade using next at the apple store? or is it only 2 year contracts. they have the 128gb 6 pluses in stock and i'd rather not shell out $499 especially since if i can get it on next, it'll be easier to expense the total wireless bill monthly. make my employer pay for my new phone. :cool:

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World
Yes Apple store can do AT&T Next. The only thing they can't do is the existing NEXT customers. Meaning those who already used NEXT previously and is currently on NEXT but is eligible for upgrade again.

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Yes Apple store can do AT&T Next. The only thing they can't do is the existing NEXT customers. Meaning those who already used NEXT previously and is currently on NEXT but is eligible for upgrade again.
What the Apple store can do:
- Your contract is over - NEXT or 2-year
- Your contract is ACTIVE - only 2-year. They can 'break' the old contract by you paying $250 more for your new phone, and putting you on a new contract.

What the Apple store CANNOT do:
- Your contract is ACTIVE - NEXT. Apple's systems don't know how to charge both the old and new fees for the phone, which is required for an early NEXT exit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.