at&t 2 yr upgrade with next now through apple store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ericlaurence, Oct 1, 2014.

1. ericlaurence macrumors newbie

i have a 2 year contract right now that is currently complete and i'm just paying month to month. according to at&t, i'm eligible to upgrade using next OR another 2 year contract. can i upgrade using next at the apple store? or is it only 2 year contracts. they have the 128gb 6 pluses in stock and i'd rather not shell out $499 especially since if i can get it on next, it'll be easier to expense the total wireless bill monthly. make my employer pay for my new phone. :cool:

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I switched to NEXT in an Apple store.

For some reason the employee didn't know, though, but once they called a manager it worked just fine.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Yes Apple store can do AT&T Next. The only thing they can't do is the existing NEXT customers. Meaning those who already used NEXT previously and is currently on NEXT but is eligible for upgrade again.

4. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

What the Apple store can do:
    - Your contract is over - NEXT or 2-year
    - Your contract is ACTIVE - only 2-year. They can 'break' the old contract by you paying $250 more for your new phone, and putting you on a new contract.

What the Apple store CANNOT do:
    - Your contract is ACTIVE - NEXT. Apple's systems don't know how to charge both the old and new fees for the phone, which is required for an early NEXT exit.

5. ericlaurence thread starter macrumors newbie