AT&T 2yr contract upgrade question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shikaka, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Shikaka macrumors regular

I would like to upgrade my 6+ to a 6s+. I have a 2 year contract with AT&T however I am not yet eligible for a full upgrade.

My girlfriend has a separate AT&T contract and is eligible for a full upgrade. She currently has an iPhone 5 and said she would be happy to have my old 6+. She's planning to buy the 6s+ for the subsidized price and give it to me in exchange for my 6+.

When the new phone arrives, would it be as simple as putting the SIM card from her iPhone 5 into my old 6+ and me putting my SIM card into the new 6s+?

2. dave420 macrumors 65816

Yes it is as simple as that. Also when ordering on the AT&T site you can now specify which line you are ordering for and which line you are using the upgrade from. In that case the phone will come with the right SIM card and you won't have to do any swapping with the new phone.

3. Shikaka thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you very much for the reply! I didn't know that was an option on their site. Great to know!

4. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Also when the phone arrives, do not turn it on until you switched out SIM cards or it will deactivate her phone and move her service to the SIM included with the phone.