AT&T 3G iPad 2 Situation

Discussion in 'iPad' started by akal575, Mar 13, 2011.

1. akal575 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

So from what I am seeing it seems that pretty much anyone who ordered a 3G AT&T iPad from apple.com has yet to see much of any change to their status.

I am seriously debating calling apple up and asking what exactly is going on, and why everyone else seems to be getting their iPad 2's and having their order statuses updated and we aren't

Has anyone done this already? And if so what did they say. I want to get to the bottom of this

2. gigaguy macrumors 65816

someone that seemed to know shipping, said the standard way is to ship out by model type, so the computer shows all the 16g wifi orders and ships those in groups first, then move on the 32gb wifi orders...then 16 3Gs. makes sense. since they are probably stored by type at the centers.
    so it's not by only when you order but type. Time ordered surely plays a part, but type is how they are prioritized in groups. hope I restated the other guys comment clearly.

3. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

True, that.

And it is early Monday morning in China. I suspect (hope) we will see some updates soon!

4. MagicFrog macrumors newbie

I think the AT&T models (without engraving because it need to be done in the factory) won't get shipment update until tomorrow
    these models might need to do something from AT&T (like install sim card or some activations)
    and these models won't like the Wifi or Verizon models ship individually from China,
    it might already in the cargo planes to the US together
    so....just wait the update on Monday.... ;)

5. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

great..call..let us know how it goes.

6. drknowusa macrumors regular

May be a part shortage on the assembly line?

In the other thread there are a very few early orders that have shipping updates, but most have not changed since early morning hours of March 11. The original shipping window was three to five business days, so even if the weekend days count Aople is still not outside the originally indicated parameters. But it does seem that there isn't much attention being paid to the GSM units and that makes me wonder if they are have the radios on hand, especially for the 64gb units.

My order was placed within the first 40 minutes, and the accessories have shipped, but the iPad hasn't.

7. Entopia7 macrumors regular

If you haven't exhausted all the brick and mortar AT&T stores in your area, I suggest you do. I waited in line on launch day, was unable to get a 3G model, and was resigned to waiting on an online order, but amazingly the AT&T store closest to my home had ~10 in stock on Saturday afternoon.

I know it sounds like a no-brainer, but I never even considered checking my local AT&T store on launch day...

8. SATX78209 macrumors member

Just for reference on this issue, I'll post a pic of what my status looks like.

:D

Attached Files:

9. drknowusa, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2011

drknowusa macrumors regular

Looks just like mine, except my order went in about 30 minutes later, but the status is exactly the same for the iPad.

10. nsriano macrumors newbie

Just got off chat with an Apple expert. Wasn't helpful at all. Maybe we're all being impatient?

You are chatting with Aaron C, an Apple Expert
    Hi, my name is Aaron C. Welcome to Apple!
    Hello. How may I assist you today?

Hello, I’m interested in finding out the shipping schedule for the AT&T iPad 2’s. I ordered a wi-fi version as well as a 3G version in the first few minutes of launch online and couldn’t help but notice the difference in the shipping updates over the past few days. Can you help?
    Hi there. The current shipping times for the iPad 2 is 3-4 weeks for a new order.
    I do know this, I'm trying to find out the reason for quick shipping of some models (wi-fi) versus others (AT&T 3G)
    There has been much excitement and demand for the iPad 2. As available inventory was sold, the shipping times are pushed back so we can get new inventory in.
    Orders are being filled as quickly as possible, and currently we are at 3-4 weeks for shipping times.

My order has already been processed with a 3-5 day shipping notification (I ordered very early Friday morning) and I saw my wi-fi has shipped already yet my AT&T 3G model is still "not yet shipped."
    I do apologize, it can vary depending on which model you ordered and the time at which you ordered it for shipping.
    I can get you the phone number for Customer Service if you would like to contact them about your order.

Do you know when I might be getting shipping notification on an AT&T 3G white 32GB iPad 2?
    I am sorry I do not. Did you get your order confirmation on your iPad 3G with AT&T? It should give you an expected date listed there for you.
    Yes, I got an order confirmation and was just wondering because I've been hearing most all models have been shipping fairly quickly except for AT&T 3G models.
    I have not heard that, I am sorry.
    However I can get you the phone number for Customer Service if you would like to discuss your order with them.

No thanks, but I appreciate your help.
    My pleasure!
    Have a great day.

Goodbye
    Thank you for visiting the Apple Online Store. We appreciate your business. If you need more help, please chat with us again.
    Thank you for choosing the Apple Store. If you have any additional questions, please chat us again.

11. katzha macrumors newbie

FWIW I ordered an engraved 64 GB White ATT 3G at 12:58 PT on Thursday night, and have been in Prepared for Shipment status since Saturday afternoon. The waiting is difficult, although not nearly as intense as when I was waiting for my Volt.

12. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

hilarious....

call, email, shout, beg,...

it will arrive when it arrives.... no one in apple CS will have any more info than that which you can find on our order status page yourself...

your just driving up the frenzy and if you cancel someone else will swoop in and buy it

relax...play with your other toys...

13. enigmatut, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2011

enigmatut macrumors member

low stock of AT&T (GSM) models?

FWIW I stood in line Friday night and Saturday morning, as well as called every outlet (A Store, Best Buy, Target, etc; in Boston) both days, and in every case the AT&T models sold out first.
    I've since ordered online and will simply wait (wait wait)...

14. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

Too me this look like it's a automated response system... No one really know when they will ship except for the guy that scans the barcode on the pallet when it gets put on a trailer to head to the airport...

James

15. fusilier2512 macrumors newbie

fusilier2512

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Whooooooohoooooooo!
    Good luck guys.

Prepared for Shipment
    Product / Part No.      
    Qty

IPAD WI-FI 3G 32GB BLACK - PRSN-USA
    PC774LL/A

Ships: 3 - 5 business days
    Delivers: Mar 18 - Mar 25

Shipped
    Shipped on: Mar 13, 2011 via FEDERAL EXPRESS
    Tracking #: (Pre-sign for this shipment)
    Product / Part No.      
    Qty

IPAD SMART COVER BLACK-USA
    MC947LL/A

Shipped on: Mar 12, 2011 via FEDERAL EXPRESS
    Tracking #: (Pre-sign for this shipment)
    Product / Part No.      
    Qty

IPAD CAMERA CONNECTION KIT-ZML
    MC531ZM/A

16. 15danielp macrumors regular

What time did you order?

17. 9OOYO macrumors regular

awesome. i got a 32 wifi 3g so i'm hoping i'm updated soon! that is great news!

18. 15danielp macrumors regular

Sweet. My 64GB White finally went to Prepared for Shipment. The AT&T's are now taking their turn.

19. canyonblue737 macrumors 6502a

There is no situation. They promised you a set of dates you will get delivery by, I assume in your case March 18-22... there is no reason to believe it will be different. While some people (Wi-Fi) folks might get theirs sooner for some logistical reason it certainly doesn't change Apple's promise to you... March 18-22.